It looks like summer is attempting one last hurrah before fall takes over. So during this little uncharacteristic warm patch, I got in one last batch of popsicles. This popsicle mold was one of my favorite summer purchases. You can put just about anything in them, but this time I made fruit and yogurt smoothie popsicles.
I decided to use nectarines, blueberries, bananas, and plain greek yogurt…but you can really use just about any combo you would in a smoothie for these.
Blend together the fruit, yogurt, and milk (and a hit of honey or sugar if you need it to be sweeter).
Pour into your mold and drink whatever is left over.
So easy, so healthy, and so refreshing for the summer. But let’s be honest, I’ll probably still be making these when it’s snowing and 20- outside.
Nutritional Highlights: These are such a healthy snack/dessert. The fruit gives you vitamins and anti-oxidants and the yogurt/milk gives calcium and protein. Greek yogurt is even higher in protein than regular yogurt so try to use that. You can change the mixture based on what fruit is in season or in your kitchen.
- 1-2 cups mixed frozen fruits (I used fresh blueberries and nectarines that I froze the day before but you can just use the bags from the store also)
- 2 bananas, cut into pieces
- 1 cup yogurt (I used plain greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Optional add ins-1 tablespoon honey, protein powder, fruit juice…just about anything you’d put in a smoothie!
1. Put all ingredients in the blender. Turn on the blender. Stop once it’s pretty well blended (but it’s ok if there are still a few chunks).
2. Pour into popsicle molds and let freeze overnight. Enjoy!